Friday, May 7, 2010

Yard of the Month

LET ME BEGIN WITH...
When my cat, Sunny, is not basking in the sun on the porches and playing "catch" with the birds, he can usually be found lying next to me on the sofa.
This photo does not do justice to what he really is like...
Believe me, when we are both on this sofa together, he conquers 3/4 of the space. It is quite the sight!
NOW ON TO THE FEATURE OF THE MONTH...
Last Mother's Day was the beginning of the landscaping of our Somerville yard. The front entry pathway went in, then the shrubs in the front of the house. A few weeks later the side yard received its facelift. With each season I have planted flowers to bring color and interest to the property.
The vision, hard work and upkeep brings its rewards for the month of May.
The city selected our home to begin the Yard Of The Month for thE 2011 summer.
Please enjoy the pictures but more than that, come and see for yourself as you sit with me on the front porch.
I would love it!

No comments: